June 14, 2012

Jessica Chastain Still Wants To Join A Marvel Film


Oscar nominated actress Jessica Chastain talked to TotalFilm about having to turn down a role in Iron Man 3. You might remember Jessica was offered a supporting role but would have to turn it down due the production of Karthyrn Bigelow's (Hurt Locker) Zero Dark Thrity (Seal Team Six film). The role would eventually go to Rebecca Hall. Jessica is being very political about it and seemingly gives the impression would could see her involved in future Marvel films. Theres plenty of roles she could be perfect for such as Enchantress, Scarlet Witch, Sharon Carter, Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel) and Medusa (Inhumans). She seems a little too high-profile for just small supporting role. I could see Chastain taking a role that would eventually become a franchise. Similar to how Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner were introduced in the Marvel films.

"It's always a good problem to have because it means you have options. It's not really a problem, but it was just impossible, schedule-wise. So I was sad. I met Shane Black earlier and I think he's going to make an amazing film. And of course I went to see Avengers Assemble earlier and I loved it. I hope to be in a Marvel film."

SOURCE: TotalFilm


No comments:

Post a Comment