November 14, 2008

Films That Should Be Made: Doctor Who



With the new television series reinvented by Steven Moffat (Coupling, Jekyll, Tintin) there is large demand for this to become a movie. I can't say I've followed the new show. Yet, growing up I did enjoy the older episodes and that theme song is still one of my favorites.



Although I believe Moffat should stay on as a writer I think they should use the characters and stories from the Doctor Who Classics comics. Dave Gibbons' (Watchmen) artwork from the comic series would be a perfect fit for the film. The curly hair and scarf is the most iconic look of the Doctor and should be brought back. The best director I can think of to bring this to life is Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust, Kick-Ass).



Colin Firth is an actor I could see playing the Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment