March 13, 2010

REVIEW: The Green Zone


First I must mention while I like the Bourne films. I don't think highly of them as much as critics do. Yes they are entertaining but they get bogged down in superficial plot devices and dull drawn out conversations. The Green Zone might be as action packed as Bourne but it still has the same flaws. Unlike the Bourne films Paul Greengrass seems to revel in the chance to let Damon swear his face off in the film. I know soldiers may speak frankly like this but it just felt beyond forced from Damon. It was a good effort but with Ridley Scott's Body of Lies and Hurt Locker we've seen these war films done better. It's political meassge was brought up in every talking point and it got tried very fast. I think this film would have been brave if it was made like 5 years ago. I still have to recommend this for people who like Bourne. Don't expect to see Damon doing as much fighting in this as much as he argues with brass. Unless you're a die hard fan of the Bourne franchise I have to say wait and rent this one.

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment