January 17, 2010

Venom Spin-Off Effected By Spidey Reboot?


I feel that one of the reasons for the Spider-Man reboot could have been the mishandling of Venom in Spider-Man 3. I'm sure Sony and Marvel are itching to bring back the popular villain. It wouldn't hurt to give the full story of Venom's origin even if it differs from comics. Venom is the most recognizable villain and secondary character in the Spidey comics. It could be interesting to see if they keep him a villain or if they decide to make him an anti-hero similar to Wolverine. It could allow for crossover/team-up with the new Spider-Man. I believe the Spidey team-ups was one of the best elements in the comics. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony looks to one of the reboot directors on their list to make Venom.


One of the biggest reasons I believe Venom will get made is that the script was written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. From their success with Zombieland plus landing high profile writing projects with Deadpool and G.I. Joe 2 the studio could want to capitalize from their popularity with genre fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment