January 3, 2010

REVIEW: Up In The Air


Director Jason Reitman seems to always pick interesting stories to tell. I've enjoyed his previous films Juno and Thank You For Smoking, which made my list for best of the decade. So when I kept hearing the overwhelming buzz for his new film I knew he must have done it again. To my surprise Up In The Air is even better than Juno and brought back the black comedy from Thank You For Smoking. It's touching, sad and at times heart-warming. There is even hints of Fight Club in the character's narration and methodology in the film. I could keep going on how much I liked this film but there is enough of that online already. I recommend people go see this movie while it's still in theaters. I'll be waiting intently to hear it's nominations for this year's Oscars. I could see it going up for Best Director, Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress and Best Adapted Screenplay.

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment