Showing posts with label RockNRolla. Show all posts
Showing posts with label RockNRolla. Show all posts
August 27, 2014
Charlie Hunnam Will Likely Lead Guy Ritchie's KING ARTHUR Movie For Warner Bros.
Deadline has word that Sons of Anarchy actor Charlie Hunnam is in final talks to take-on the lead role in Guy Ritchie's next film. A remaining of the classic tale of King Arthur, has been long in-develop at Warner Bros. So, much so that two competing projects were developed until Ritchie's vision won over the studio. This epic was originally envisioned as a six-part story, but it's unknown if Richie or Warner Bros. will pursue sequels. An official title has yet to be given to the project.
Hunnam has slowly developed into a budding blockbuster actor, taking-on the lead in Guillermo del Toro's mostly successful kaiju/giant robot homage Pacific Rim, which has spawned an untitled sequel set to release on April 7th, 2017. He also recently wrapped production on del Toro's haunted house horror flick Crimson Peak, it's due-out on October 16th, 2015.
Deadline adds that, actor Idris Elba who previously worked with both Guy on RockNRolla and Charlie in Pacific Rim, is currently circling the role of Arthur's wizard mentor/protector Merlin. If you ask me, give Elba whatever role you want knocked-out of the park.
Guy Ritchie's next film The Man From U.N.C.L.E. A period spy action flick based on the popular television series stars Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer, and is set for release on August 14th, 2015.
SOURCE: DEADLINE
Labels:
Camelot,
Charile Hunnam,
Guy Ritchie,
Idris Elba,
Joby Harold,
King Arthur,
RockNRolla,
Sherlock Holmes,
Snatch,
The Man From UNCLE,
Warner Bros.
Posted by
Christopher M.
March 27, 2012
Actor Toby Kebbell Talks Akira, Confirming It Was Stupid
During an interview with IFC during the promotion of Wrath of The Titans British actor Toby Kebbell commented on the now on-hold Akira. Toby had been in the mix for the role of Tetsuo, giving the impression he turned it down because it was a creative nightmare. Considering he's a fan he called the studio out on their many many mistakes on the adaptation.
“They were like, ‘This is going to be a big franchise!’” he explained. “So I said, ‘Then in that case, understand that I’ve read the comics, and I’ve read the comics that got turned into the annuals, and then the annuals that got turned into the one-off anime. So if you really want to do it, then why don’t you look at the six comics and just put two into each film?’”
“They were like, ‘Welllll…’” he shrugged. “So I told them, ‘Then this is a remake [of the animated movie], and I don’t want to do a live-action remake of the cartoon, because [the cartoon] is perfect and you’re not going to do it dark enough — so therefore, I don’t want to do it.”
“I was desperate to play Tetsuo, but Tetsuo in the comic and annual form,” he explained. “He’s brilliant in the anime, but if you know anything about the comics, they cut so much of the story out. You care about him, because it’s brilliantly done, but you don’t really care about Kaneda, who isn’t.”
“The other thing they wanted to do was make [Tetsuo and Kaneda] brothers,” he continued. “I was like, ‘The point is that Tetsuo can’t comprehend how someone who isn’t his brother could love him so much — and that’s where his wrath and his rage come from. Do you not see that? Why have you made them brothers? What the fuck are you doing?’”
December 13, 2011
Guy Ritchie Gives A Real RockNRolla Update
Guy Ritchie is become a staple director at Warner Bros. handling their Sherlock Holmes franchise and is in talks for their 60's era spy blockbuster The Man From UNCLE. Ritchie talked to MovieLine and revealed the status of his sequel to RockNRolla that had the working title of The Real RockNRolla. The sequel had been teased at the end of the first film and fans have actively waiting for Guy to finally get around to making it."You know, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it! I’ve written a script, I think it’s a great script, and Joel [Silver] wants to pay for me to do it. But up until now we haven’t had the time to do it," Ritchie said. "It’s sitting there and we’d all like to do it, it’s just a question of when we’re going to fit it in. So we’ll wait and see."
Luckily, RockNRolla had been a Warner Bros. film with studio producer Joel Silver also involved. Silver is also working with Ritchie on his Sherlock Holmes franchise. It seems like RDJ is keen on taking a bit of break from Holmes even if the studio is currently writing a third film. So like I've said previously he could end up making two films between Sherlock Holmes 2 and 3. The only thing that could derail The Real RockNRolla is possibly The Man From UNCLE and it's sequels. Also, the cast of the original seems to be blowing up on their own. It might be hard to lock in Gerard Butler, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong and Toby Kebbell for the sequel.
Labels:
Gerard Butler,
Guy Ritchie,
Idris Elba,
Joel Silver,
Mark Strong,
RockNRolla,
Sherlock Holmes 3,
The Man From UNCLE,
The Real RockNRolla,
Toby Kebbell,
Tom Hardy
Posted by
Christopher M.
December 8, 2011
Guy Ritchie Will Likely Direct The Man From UNCLE
Deadline reports that Warner Bros. in talks with Guy Ritchie (Lock Stock, RockNRolla, Snatch) to direct The Man From UNCLE. The project was written by screenwriter Scott Z. Burns and previously had Steven Soderbergh as it's director which is based on the classic 60's spy television show. The project seemed to come to halt when the studio and Steven couldn't work out the casting and it's budget. I'm sure with this news casting announcements won't be far behind.
Ritchie has been a loyal director for the studio helming two Sherlock Holmes installments with a third in the works. However, Robert Downey Jr. has stated recently with his new baby on the way he would be slowing down big projects. This could mean that Guy would have time to fit in a couple of films before we see Sherlock Holmes 3 go into production. It's also expected that UNCLE could become a new franchise for the studio similar to Mission Impossible. That would mean Ritchie might have agreed to make sequels if the first film is successful.
Ritchie has been a loyal director for the studio helming two Sherlock Holmes installments with a third in the works. However, Robert Downey Jr. has stated recently with his new baby on the way he would be slowing down big projects. This could mean that Guy would have time to fit in a couple of films before we see Sherlock Holmes 3 go into production. It's also expected that UNCLE could become a new franchise for the studio similar to Mission Impossible. That would mean Ritchie might have agreed to make sequels if the first film is successful.
Labels:
Guy Ritchie,
RockNRolla,
Scott Z. Burns,
Sherlock Holmes 2,
Sherlock Holmes 3,
Snatch,
Steven Soderbergh
Posted by
Christopher M.
September 8, 2011
December 16, 2010
When Will We See Guy Ritchie's The Real RockNRolla?
The article on the site that gets the most traffic and comments is the one focusing on Guy Ritchie's The Real RockNRolla. It's been promised ever since the original theatrical release of RockNRolla and it was even teased in the credits. Since then Guy Ritchie has been focused on many other projects. I'm going to run down what those movies are and the prospects of when we could expect Ritchie to start production on the RockNRolla sequel.
When it comes to Ritchie's current project he is shooting Sherlock Holmes 2 with Robert Downey Jr. The now established franchise is giving Guy more commercial success than he's ever had before. I expect like with other dedicated Warner Bros. directors (Nolan, Snyder) he will be rewarded with financing for his original projects. The only setback is that he might want to round out a Holmes trilogy before jumping into anything else. I wouldn't be shocked to see Sherlock Holmes 3 his next film.Guy's previously attached projects could also become a hold up on The Real RockNRolla. He's been in talks with producer Joel Silver to helm both Lobo and Sgt. Rock which are based on the DC comics.
The studio had filmed test shots for Lobo with Jeffery Dean Morgan (Watchmen) and possibly Clancy Brown (Highlander, Starship Troopers). Sgt. Rock is also in development hell and is being re-tool from being set during WWII to the future. I'm not sure if the productions stopped because of Holmes 2 or the fact the characters were taken from Silver by DC Entertainment.
Ritchie has also been attached to direct remakes of the Dirty Dozen and Excalibur for the studio. From what I understand Dozen got the axe because of Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. I'm sure it will eventually happen but needs time between the Tarantino film. Excalibur was once part of Bryan Singer's long list of projects in the works. He's been focused on Jack The Giant Killer which made opt out on directing X-Men First Class. Giving Matthew Vaughn the chance to finally show us his version of the X-Men universe. It would be interesting to see Ritchie take on the world of fantasy.
Another dreaded obstacle could be Ritchie signing onto new projects. Mark Millar teased that Ritchie along with Sam Raimi had been interested in making a movie based on his comic Nemesis. The project now has Tony Scott in the director's chair setup at 20th Century Fox. It's not surprising to see his name involved with Millar's projects since Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn is a friend and producer of Guy's films. Vaughn helped produce Lock Stock, Snatch and Swept Away. Millar is now teasing that his new comic Superior will become a film. Superior is a mix of iconic comic book mythology taking influences from Superman, Thor and Shazam!. The comic writer says the director would be announced in January. There is a possibility Guy Ritchie very well could be this name. A very doubtful but still possible project could be Iron Man 3. It's unlikely because of Guy's current relationship with both DC and Warner Bros. Yet Robert Downey Jr. has director approval and could choose someone he's worked with before.
There could also be other unnamed projects which come up and he signs on. My expectations is that while The Real RockNRolla script is more than likely completed Guy could focus more on his high profile projects first. I wouldn't assume to see it go into production until 2012-2013 at the earliest. While there is enough of a demand from fans of the original he is sort of moving forward with different types of films. You can't blame him for wanting to expand his genres and can respect wanting to try different things.
Labels:
Dirty Dozen,
Excalibur,
Guy Ritchie,
Lobo,
Mark Millar,
Nemesis,
Robert Downey Jr,
RockNRolla,
Sgt. Rock,
Sherlock Holmes 2,
Sherlock Holmes 3,
Superior,
The Real RockNRolla
Posted by
Christopher M.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)





