November 12, 2012

Colin Trevorrow Comments On STAR WARS EPISODE VII

When asked during a podcast writer/director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) about the rumor he's being looked at to be the director of Star Wars Episode VII. He doesn't straight out deny and gives a very political answer. Similar to what Jon Favreau recently said about the project. This gives the impression he's at least involved with talks with LucasFilms.

“I have very little to say about it. [stammering] Certainly, no specifics about whats going on behind the scenes in the selection of that person [a director]. I think that I can speak as a Star Wars fan, which is important to me. Whoever does do this movie, I think, just needs to have a fundamental understanding of why its important to us. We come from a generation who grew up with this as children, to us its almost a belief system. Its harder for people who are older or who were already teenagers when the movie came out to understand how deeply it is our mythology.And there are a bunch of incredible directors who are up for this job… I think whoever gets it will have that fundamental understanding of why Star Wars matters so much to a billion people. Its just incredible. So that’s all I can say about that. I’m equally excited about it. … that’s all you’re gonna get!”


 It would be awesome because it means there would be a stronger chance that Aubrey Plaza (Scott Pilgrim, Parks And Rec, Funny People, Mystery Team, Safety Not Garanteed) could end up in a role.

No comments:

Post a Comment