January 15, 2013

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks THOR THE DARK WORLD And BLACK PANTHER


Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was interviewed by MTV taking in length about his experience playing dual roles of Algrim and Kurse in Thor: The Dark World. He also gives the impression he's already talking with the studio about another role in an upcoming film. Two major roles seem to standout as perfect for him that being Drax The Destroyer and the villain Thanos The Mad Titan in Guardians of The Galaxy.

“Thor 2; great movie, great opportunity. I've been a fan of the Marvel Comics and I got a massive opportunity to play two characters in the movie: Algrim and Kurse. You go in thinking, 'Yeah this is great.' But when you get in there, you're like whoa; six hours of makeup, prosthetics, all the physical [stuff]. But honestly, I loved it. It's going to be such an epic. And both of the characters; I have blonde hair, blue eyes, pointed ears, fangs, horns; everything you could want as boy in an action hero movie. It's amazing. The Fighting was really demanding. For instance, Kurse is the one that does all the fighting. It's forty pounds of extra weight and the good thing about it is that it's very flexible and elastic. I have a routine before I put it on: I stretch and do all my pilates. You see this big creature doing pilates, it's great. And then we'd have to go fight. Me and Chris [Hemsworth] go toe-to-toe. It was hardcore. But you don't really get into [these kinds of movies] of you're not ready for that kind of thing. You gotta be mentally fit, physically fit because you're going to shoot a scene ten to fifteen different ways.”

“[Thor and Kurse] fight differently. Chris has his hammer while Kurse is very animalistic, he's got horns. So I tried to go with that flow. My movements are [basically] like an animal: twisting my body, turning my head, all kinds of things. Kurse is meant to be extremely powerful, nothing can stop him. It's a great ride. There's fights everything in the movie. Loki gets his fair share of fights; [one of which] is between him and I as well. The great thing about Kurse is he is having it with everybody. But yes, Loki has some amazing fights. [Fans] are really gonna be happy with this movie. Everybody gets their little shine. I won't tell you what really happens, but there's some great surprises.”

“As we speak, [Marvel and I] are talking about [playing in another Marvel movie]. Obviously, Marvel is a great family that I'm happy to be working with. We had a great time on Thor: The Dark World. I loved to continue that relationship. (After Guardians of the Galaxy was brought up) I'm not talking about anything yet, just having a good relationship with Marvel.”



He also told MTV that he's still pursuing his campaign for T'Challa in Marvel's Black Panther. Considering he now has a relationship with the studio it's hard to say it would never happen.

"Who do I want to play him? Myself, let’s be real," Akinnuoye-Agbaje told MTV News with a smile, when asked if he is still carrying the torch for the role. "I would hope that playing Kurse would ingratiate me to becoming the Panther. You get in and have success in one, and you go and do the next one. [My campaign] is definitely not dropped."

"He’s one of my faves. I would love to play him," he continued. "You have to keep at it, you have to keep your card in the hat and see what comes out but I have to say I’m thrilled, I’ve been able to play two characters in one movie and if [Marvel] likes this and it this does well, it just gives you a better chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment