April 26, 2010

Ridley Scott Wants To One Up James Cameron's Aliens


It's one of the bravest statements I think I've ever heard from Ridley Scott. Recently during the press junket for Robin Hood, Scott revealed details for his Alien prequel. Now there is one statement from the director which got me very curious to what he hs up his sleeve. He went on to praise James Cameron's Aliens but says he would have to one up him with his new installments. It's bold of him to attempt to one up one of the best sequels in film history which earned Sigourney Weaver her Oscar nomination. Yet with the tools available to him Ridley Scott could be the director to rival the science fiction masterpiece. To be honest I'm not sure how you improve on the xenomorphs wiping out an entire human colony and a unit of space Marines.

“Jim raised the bar and I’ve got to jump to it,” he said with a smile. “It’s that simple. He’s not going to get away with it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment