September 24, 2010

Mark Ruffalo Talks Avengers & Hulk Motion Capture/3D

 Vulture was able to talk with Mark Ruffalo who is the third actor to play Bruce Banner on screen. He went on to talk about using insprition from the Bill Bixby series (similar to Ed Norton). Ruffalo from previous interviews seems to be excited to be working with the rest of the cast along with writer/director Joss Whedon. I did enjoy the last Hulk film but I don't think Norton got Banner down. I have high expecttions with Ruffalo now in the role. Even if his scenes will be limited since the amount of characters showcased. Mark also mentions how he'll perform Hulk scenes himself with the help of motion capture and teases the film could be shot in 3D.

"I'm really excited. No one's ever played the Hulk exactly, they've always done CGI. They're going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture. So I'll actually play the Hulk. That'll be fun." 
 
"I really love the first TV version of it, the Bill Bixby one. I'm gonna shoot for that a little bit. He was an everyman in it. He's always on the run and trying to find love. It's really a sympathetic character, before he turns into the Hulk and [frick]s everything up." 

Ruffalo concluded speaking on his excitement of being the first actor to portray the Jade Giant in 3-D, he says, "I hope I don't bulge in anyone's face, that's all I have to say.".

No comments:

Post a Comment