March 10, 2014

Terry Crews Changes Mind, Waiting For Marvel To Call About LUKE CAGE Audition




Luke Cage is one of four live-action Marvel series that will air on Netflix, leading to a Defenders mini-series. It seems like Terry Crews is putting his name back in the ring, after excluding himself in respect of his Old Spice pal Isaiah Mustafa, according to a new interview with Collider. Isaiah put himself out there as contender for Luke Cage, putting out his own promo video. Crews added that he's waiting for a call from Marvel. At this point, a creative team hasn't been announced but I'm sure Marvel has people already working on it.

“Anything can happen. All I know is scheduling and all that stuff—anything can happen. I’m open to all kinds of things, but who knows? Actually I took myself out of the Luke Cage running a while back, just because it was people trying to put people against each other. [It was] Idris vs. Michael Jai and I’m like, ‘Wait a minute, this is not even greenlit! Can we talk to Marvel? Why are you talking to me? Don’t put me against my homeboy for a movie that’s not existing.’ I said, ‘Take me out!’ 

“I heard [it’s greenlit] but I haven’t gotten any calls. I’ve been hearing stuff like, ‘oh you’re too old,’ and I’m like, ‘Man do my workout 20 years ago and we’ll talk about who’s too old (laughs).’”

 “Like I said, anything can happen, I never rule anything out. I’m game. There are no rules. What’s up, Marvel? I’m right here, baby. I ain’t goin nowhere. You know where I live!” 

Crews has been slowly creeping his way into pop culture, and it's been one hell of a ride. Known for beefy action roles in movies like The Expendables trilogy and Old Spice viral ads. He's also taken a shine to more comedic roles on television on shows such as Everyone Hates Chris, Arrested DevelopmentThe Newsroom and his new hit series on Fox Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Not to mention comedic supporting roles in movies like Bridesmaids, Get Smart, and his breakout performance in Idiocracy.

He has a Marvel connection voicing Blade in the Ultimate Spider-Man series. He had been originally been a fan favorite for the role, along with Dwayne Johnson. Terry has all the charm, comedic-timing, psychical presence and personality needed for a role like this. Hopefully, Marvel jumps on this and at least has him test for it.

SOURCE: COLLIDER

No comments:

Post a Comment