August 29, 2013

Matt Damon Joins Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR And Irrfan Khan Turns Down Large Role


ThePlaylist reveals that actor Matt Damon will have an unknown cameo in Christopher Nolan's Interstellar. It's just another stunning addition to the cast which includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, John Lithgow, Topher Grace and Michael Caine.

The site also picked up on Indian actor Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire, Life of Pi, Amazing Spider-Man ) telling TheTimesOfIndia he was in talks for a major role in the film but had to decline because of other projects. Khan was absolutely magical in Life of Pi, so it's a shame we won't be seeing him in the film. Fingers crossed he'll end up in future Nolan films.

"I was in talks with them for an important role. It had a great compact cast, but I can't divulge much about that. They expected a huge commitment from my end. I had to stay in the U.S. for four months at a stretch. I tried to work out my schedule and suggested if I could shuttle between India and the U.S. as it wouldn't have been possible for me to be there for that long," he told The Times Of India. "I wanted to be here for 'The Lunchbox' and 'D-Day.' They couldn't allow that. I don't have a tendency to regret what I do, but knowing it's a Christopher Nolan film, I can say that this has been one of the most difficult decisions I've made."

No comments:

Post a Comment