July 14, 2013

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN Director Jason Eisener Wants To Remake MONSTER SQUAD


East Coast Canadian director Jason Eisener made a name for himself by winning a Grindhouse trailer contest which saw his faux trailer for Hobo With A Shotgun shown in front of Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse in Canadian theatres. Since then he got funding to expand the trailer into a full length gonzo flick which has gather quite the cult following. He's been making the rounds promoting his involvement with the horror anthology V/H/S/2. Jason spoke to DiaboliqueMagazine revealing he'd like a shot at remaking a cult 80's horror flick. That being Shane Black's (Iron Man 3, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy Scout) little known kids horror comedy The Monster Squad. The film was an homage to the Universal monsters meets the Goonies, shaping my love for the genre as a child. We don't really see many live-action horror/scary  for children these days. However, with a generation of parents growing up on Goosebumps it's safe to say that Jason's visual style could be perfect to give us a less dark horror film for little ones.

 "Oh, in a heartbeat. In a heartbeat. And I’ve been offered remakes, and usually I’m just like, “Why? There’s no reason for this.” But I feel like The Monster Squad, there’s a reason why kids need a movie like that today. So I would definitely jump to the challenge and I’d put my heart and soul and everything I had into a Monster Squad remake, for sure. BUT I would want to do it with Fred Dekker. He’d had to be involved."





No comments:

Post a Comment