October 17, 2011

Battlestar Galactica Next For Bryan Singer?

SFX (via ThePlaylist) spoke to Bryan Singer who is currently in post-production with Jack The Giant Killer for Warner Bros. which I'm dying to see a trailer for. Singer confirmed again that his Excalibur remake setup at Warner Bros. has indeed been axed. This might be a good thing for fans of cylons as Singer is now focusing on his Battlestar Galactica film for Universal. This gives further fuel that Singer won't be directing X4 or New Mutants anytime soon for Fox.

“Yeah, unfortunately [‘Exalibur’] is no longer going to happen,” Singer said. “I was really enthused to do it. I’m a fan of John Boorman’s movie and it was my intention to get it going after ‘Jack The Giant Killer’ was completed. The project was with Warner Bros and what happened is that another King Arthur project was brought to them during that time. Basically, it was just more ready to go into production than ours was. That is why our version of ‘Excalibur’ ended up being negated. But, when that happened, it allowed me to go straight into developing ‘Battlestar Galactica’ – which I think will be really exciting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment