September 18, 2011

Tom Hiddleston & Jaimie Alexander Talk Thor 2

Jaimie Alexander, who plays Sif has been making the rounds during the promotion of Thor hitting DVD/Blu Ray. She talked to MovieWeb mentioning a few things she'd like to see in the sequel. Which includes a romance between Sif and Thor along with the addition of Beta Ray Bill.

 "Yes. I would love for that (romance) to happen. I don't know what the story is going to be just yet, and nothing has been made official, but the hope is that it will be made official, and I would love to explore more of that. And, in future endeavors, I would love to see Beta Ray Bill, or something like that. I think that would be really cool. Like you said, there are so many avenues to go down, so many endless possibilities."

Personally I'd love to see more Sif in the sequel as much as I enjoyed Jane Foster (Portman), I believe she could be sidelined for the sequel and it wouldn't hurt the film. Beta Ray Bill is a cool character but his design is terrible. He's a horse-faced Thor doppelganger so if they're able to redesign him for film I'd all for his inclusion.

Also, Tom Hiddleston talked to Collider about Thor 2 and he gives the impression Marvel could be expanding the cosmic world and exploring the other realms. I've been hoping the second film would be entirely set off-Earth and this seems like another possible step in that direction. Previously, Hiddleston teased that Loki could end up fighting alongside Thor in the sequel. That angle has been hinted at for Avengers as well. I think Loki is an excellent character but he needs a limited role in Thor 2 if only because he's been featured in two Marvel films within the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment