March 26, 2011

Cobie Smulders Talks Avengers & SHIELD Uniform

While there was confirmation that Cobie Smulders would be playing Maria Hill in Avengers there hadn't been an announcement from Marvel Studios. Well Smulders herself has confirmed the role to Zap2It and discussed her costume for the film. Cobie reveals she will wear a SHIELD uniform which sounds similar to what Scarlett (Black Widow) wore in Iron Man 2. Jeremy Renner had also mentioned wearing a variation of the outfit as Hawkeye. It will interesting to see if Hill is just a cameo or a full out action role for Cobie.

"We start in April, which is like... tomarrow," Smulders says. "I literally leave here and I go to Albuqerque, New Mexico, to shoot some scenes in a catsuit. I've tried on portions of the catsuit," says Smulders, "[and] I've seen conceptual drawings of what they want it to be. It's fascinating to me. I feel like wardrobe becomes very creative on these types of movies because they literally spend weeks designing just the pants or the emblem. It's such an all-consuming process, so I'm excited to see how it all turns out"

No comments:

Post a Comment