February 1, 2011

James Cameron Gives Battle Angel Alita Update

While talking to Collider James Cameron gave a brief update on his long gestating adaptation of Battle Angel Alita. Jim confirms that he is indeed still directing the film and is expecting to start on when he completes Avatar 2 & 3. Which means we won't see production start on the film 2016. It's sort of frustrating since Battle Angel has a completed script and has years of production art finished. You'd think Cameron would focus on a project that is further along. Yet they could be still trying to work out the arch for the Alita trilogy.

"I’m obviously going to be pretty busy for the next five years and so I had to consider, do I hand this project off to another director? And then I thought, ‘No, I love it too much.


It’s such a rich world. What I’m going to do is take the spine story and use elements from the first four books. So, the Motorball from books three and four, and parts of the story of one and two will all be in the movie."

No comments:

Post a Comment